Saturday, August 05, 2006

DeVos Ducks Mercury Contamination Position

From the AP:

Republican Dick DeVos, who accuses the DEQ of over-regulating business, has not said if he will retain the 90 percent standard if he unseats Granholm in November. He probably won't take a position until after the election, spokesman John Truscott says. (emphasis added)

We all know what his stance on mercury contamination really is. It is unfortunate that he won't come out and say it, and that nobody is calling him out on it. What kind of campaign refuses to talk about their candidate's position on the issues?

I think that action on mercury contamination is long overdue, anyway. The fact that so many lobbyists have been rushing to tell us that mercury contamination is not a problem has worried me even further (reminds me of the global warming "debate"). The day that I read an opinion piece in the Saginaw News from a lobbying group in DC affirming that mercury contamination in fish is not significant became the day I stopped eating tuna sandwiches.

(cross-posted on Michlib... front paged!)

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger David Wishinsky said...

My dearest Saginaw friend, I want to extend a wish to you that you yourself do not become contaminated with mercury. Mercury poisioning is something I don't imagine is fun, and I don't want you (my biggest fan) to become inundated with such a horrible affliction.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHy YOu No WRITe No MORe!??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home