Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Tony Trupiano on firedoglake 9/23

10,000 doors!? Nice! Anyway, just passing along an e-mail:

Blogger, Friends, and those I don´t know too well...

We are in the last 48 days of the campaign and I am working like hell to make every second count. But time is precious and I need your help.

This Saturday, September 23 from 2-4 p.m. ET I will be the candidate Blogger at www.firedoglake.com. I know many of you are familiar with them and they have been instrumental in helping Progressive candidates raise some needed money and recognition. I am asking that you send to your lists, your Blogs, and anyone else you may know who would consider spreading the word on this even on Saturday.

For those of you who are not familiar with me or my campaign, please check out the site (link below). But I wanted to share some recent news as we gear up for the last six weeks:

  • Internal polling shows this race about even.
  • I was just selected by the 64 members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus to be one of only thirteen races in the country to receive their support and assistance with everything from field assistance, to fundraising assistance. This is VERY good news and will help to bolster my campaign over the last six weeks.
  • I have personally knocked over 10,000 doors personally
  • My Congressional District has the most voter contacts of any District in the state and I would put my field operation against any in the country.

Even with all this, I need your help.

Whether it´s helping me promote Saturday or something more impactful is totally up to you.

I believe that this campaign can summon the resources and bodies need to be that race that comes out of nowhere in the last six weeks and take a red seat away form a real Neo-Con in my opponent Thaddeus McCotter.

I have spent the last year of my life working toward bringing a voice of reason and hope to my District and my country. I left my career of 12 years as a Progressive Talk Show Host because I am prepared to lead with vision, courage, and hope.

As a member of Congress you will be able to count on me to be your voice. Can I count on you now?

My office number is below if you would like to call. My cell phone is 313-617-1713 as I am knocking doors most of the day and evening hours. Please reach out to me if you would to.

This is a winnable seat. Let´s win!

Thank you!

Tony Trupiano

866-209-8031 ext. 111

Paid for by Trupiano for Congress

P.O. Box 723 Dearborn Heights MI 48127

http://www.tony4congress2006.com

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that some good timing or what? The ad for Tony's campaign pops up just as this message is posted.

For anyone reading this blog -- I concur with everything Tony wrote. The 11th is winnable, and Thad McCotter is vulnerable. How vulnerable? Last weekend, for the first time in his 15-year political career, Thad was seen knocking on doors!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Nirmal said...

lol, that was NOT coordinated at all... i posted this before I saw the ad approval. they must be trying to gear up their online outreach this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home